Thursday, December 08, 2005

Colossians 3:12-17 - Defined by Christ

630pm25-07-04.mp3

Passage: Colossians 3:12-17
Originally Preached: 25/7/04 - 6:30pm Service - St Stephen's Anglican, Belrose
Series: Colossians

Description: What does it mean to be defined by Christ?

Comment: I remember being pretty pleased with this sermon. I did it in a more "Sydney Evangelical" style. Not perhaps in my presentation, but at least in the methodology. I moved through the passage bit by bit. Explaining each new bit as I went, rather than taking a broad look at the passage and taking themes out.

What I enjoyed about this sermon was that it was so Gospel centred. I love preaching about the Gospel and this passage leant it self to that. It calls us to be defined by the Gospel, and let it pervade every area of our lives.

This wasn't a corker of a sermon, but it felt solid. It had a good structure, it felt cohesive, and the illustrations fitted and didn't take anything away (except maybe the last one was a little stretched). And it really is fun to talk about the gospel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home