Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Matt 13:44-52: Responding to the Hidden Kingdom

630pm01-04-07.mp3

Passage: Matt 13:44-52
Originally Preached: 01/04/07 - 6:30pm Service - St Stephen's Anglican, Belrose
Series: The Growth of the Kingdom

Description: The Kingdom of God requires a lot of those who find it.

Comment: If I had to rate my sermons, of the recent ones, I'd put this one near the bottom. I think it could have done with some editing. I don't think I spent enough time working on this one. I did spend a while thinking about it, but not enough time in the writing process. So while I had all the right thoughts, the actually sermon was a bit half baked. I think it could have been better if it was about 5 minutes shorter.

It was an interesting on to prepare because of my last experience preaching this passage. Last time I reinterpreted the passage at the last minuted to a less accepted interpretation. But I came to a different, more conventional outcome this time. I don't like disagreeing with my past self, but what can you do. I guess you gotta go with what you think is right.

If you're wondering about the break dancing move, it was pretty lame.

I'm not sure if I have much more to say about the sermon. You can hear it for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home