Monday, June 11, 2007

Acts 3:1-10 - Power to Save and Heal

630pm3-06-07.mp3

Passage: Acts 3:1-10
Originally Preached: 03/06/07 - 6:30pm Service - St Stephen's Anglican, Belrose
Series: Encountering God in Acts

Description: God heals so that people might see the power in the name of Jesus.

Comment: I wrote this sermon at about 10pm the night before I did it, after one of the busiest periods of my life I had ever experienced. Plus as I started writing I was beset by a horrid cold which didn't abate till the following Tuesday. I was feeling tired and disgusting by the time I got up to preach and I was preaching on healing. I enjoyed the irony of the situation.

As the opening illustration shows I decided to use my illness as an illustration. I figured I was going to get better and it would be good to point out the miraculous nature of all healing, whether it comes through conventional or non-conventional ways. I did this because the point I wanted to make about this passage was that it wasn't really about the healing but about what happened as a result of the healing.

Healing isn't nearly as much of a big deal for God as salvation.

People seemed quite receptive to this message and were rather positive. I think it must have been God because I wasn't really in a good position to be writing. So I'm happy that it went well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home