Thursday, March 27, 2008

Mark 16:1-8 - The End of the Beginning - Easter Sunday

630pm23-3-08.mp3

Passage: Mark 16:1-8
Originally Preached: 16/03/08 - 6:30pm Service - St Stephen's Anglican, Belrose
Series: The Path to Glory

Description: Even in the fear and ambiguity of life God calls us to follow him to discover the resurrection.

Comment: I had been looking forward to doing this passage for a while. It really is one of my favourite passages in the whole Bible. The ending of Mark is so extraordinary. It's a courageous way to end a religious text designed to bring people to faith.

I often feel rather privileged to preach on Resurrection Sunday. I think because Resurrection Sunday is such a central day in the Christian Calender. And it's celebrated by Christians all over the world and it's been celebrated for millennia. When I preach on Resurrection Sunday I feel like I'm taking part in a sacred tradition. It's not just any old preach (though even that is special) I feel like I'm taking part in history.

I was pretty pleased with this message. As usual it was difficult to write but once I was preaching it it felt like it came together. It was enjoyable to, once again, connect with the spectacular event of Jesus' resurrection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home