Monday, October 29, 2007

1 Samuel 18 - God's Plan and Our Plan

630pm28-10-07.mp3

Passage: 1 Samuel 18
Originally Preached: 28/10/07 - 6:30pm Service - St Stephen's Anglican, Belrose
Series: The Rise of King David

Description: God's got a plan and he's going to succeed. We need to decided if we're going to work with God or against him.

Comment: I had a bit of fun with this sermon. There's lots of little strange bits that are interesting. It's not the most exciting story in the world. It's kinda like the exposition that serves to move the plot along. Still there's good stuff in there too, it's just a little more overviewish.

I think in the first 5 minutes of the sermon I say "like" about 30 times. I'm pretty much a teenage girl.

I have been listening to a lot of Mark Driscoll from Mars Hill Church in Seattle lately. He's good fun and teaches well. I figure he's been influencing my style a bit because every now and then I'd say things and think "That sounds like Mark Driscoll." I used to say things and think "That sounds like Mike Pilavachi." But I haven't listened to Mike for a while, so Mark it is.

I didn't focus very much on David in this message. I focused much more on people's reactions to David. Mainly because David just floated through the passage doing well and saying nice things, while other people did more interesting things.

You'll notice the rather large mistake I made talking about Saul and Jonathan. Oops. If you wanna read more about that check out my blog post about the stuff up. Needless to say, I felt pretty stupid. It was a rather amateur mistake. Usually I'm quite pedantic about checking things, but I just kept forgetting this time.

And that, is about all we have time for. I hope you find something helpful in this message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home