Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Busting Sex Myths - Part Two: The Church

BustingSexMythsP2.mp3

Passage: Genesis 2:23-25, Ephesians 5:25-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-20
Originally Preached: 16/04/10 - Seminars - Soul in the City - Newcastle
Series: Busting Sex Myths

Original Conference Description: “Sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love.” – Butch Hancock. The church hasn’t always said much to teens about sex, but what it has said hasn’t always been helpful. Part two of the smackdown on sex myths.

Comment: This message is a seminar I did at Soul in the City 2010 for Soul Survivor NSW. I was asked to do a series of seminars for teens, two days of which I spent dealing with sex.

Part Two is a little more personal than Part One. I haven't made a habit of doing really personal illustrations in my preaching for a while, but this talk needed it, so it got it.

I enjoyed doing this. It's not as fun as the last one, but it could be the better talk. I do love that I get to spend a while talking about the Cross. Grace is excellent fun to preach about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home