Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Romans 8:28-39 - The Overwhelming Love of God

HBC6pm04-10-09.mp3

Passage: Romans 8:28=39
Originally Preached: 04/10/09 - 6pm Service - Hornsby Baptist Church
Series: Romans

Description: The overwhelming reality of God's love in all things, over all condemnation, against all odds.

Comment: This was the first time I preached at a service at my new church. It was good to be preaching again to a group of people I knew. But I also had the added benefit of preaching to the church for the first time. The first time you preach anywhere you always get told it was good. So I knew I'd have to do really bad to bomb.

Another joy of this sermon was that, due to my lack of employment, I had plenty of time to work on it. What the prep I'd normally do over the course of the week leading up to a sermon I did over about 5 weeks. It was great to be so well immersed in the text.

Finally I liked getting to preach on Romans 8, one of the most famous passages in the Bible.

So all up I was going into this sermon pretty happy.

And I'm also happy enough with the end result. I think I could have gone a little harder on the first illustration. The point could have been stronger by contrast.

Also I think my American accent could have been better on the two times I used it. I'll work on that for next time. Salvations could be in the balance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home