Monday, October 04, 2010

Luke 12:35-48 - Waiting Faithfully

10am26-09-10.mp3
Passage: Luke 12:35-48
Originally Preached: 26/09/10 - 10am Service - St Stephen's Anglican Church, Belrose
Series: One Off
Description: God's faithful servant is alert, prepared and dilliegnt, while they wait for Jesus to return.

Comment:This was the first time I preached back at St Stephen's since I finished up there as Youth Minsiter early last year.

It was good to be back and they're a good group to preach to. I have a lot of love for that church.

The sermon itself was hard to write. Mainly because the passage seems to be quite ungracious. I didn't pick the passage, and I probably wouldn't have picked that one for me, but still, I do quite enjoy the challenge of getting a hard passage to preach.

I did feel it was a little bit of a kick up the butt for the middle class. That doesn't really bother me too much. Preaching should be a kick up the butt for whoever is listening, and it just turns out that St Stephen's is upper middle class so that's who I'm going to pick on.

Just for the record, I do more at work than read SMH, watch YouTube and play with bulldog clips. I just sometimes feel a little unproductive.

If you're wondering here is the video of the monkey on a segway, turns out it's a Chimp not a monkey:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home